Clean door handles is important for several reasons, especially when it comes to maintaining hygiene and prevent the spread of germs and illnesses. Here’s why keeping door handles clean is crucial:
- Germ Transmission: Door handles are frequently touched by multiple people throughout the day. This makes them hotspots for the transmission of germs, bacteria, and viruses. When an infected person touches a door handle, the germs can easily transfer to the hands of the next person.
- Illness Prevention: Many common illnesses, including colds, flu, and gastrointestinal infections, can spread through contact with contaminated surfaces like door handles. Regular cleaning helps minimize the risk of these illnesses spreading among individuals.
- Public Spaces: In public places such as offices, schools, and hospitals a large number of people touch the same door handles. Regular cleaning is important in such environments to prevent outbreaks of contagious diseases.
- Home Hygiene: In homes, door handles are touched by various family members and guests. Regular cleaning helps maintain a healthy environment, especially if someone in the house is sick.
- High-Touch Surfaces: Door handles are considered high-touch surfaces. High-touch surfaces are more likely to harbor germs and require more frequent cleaning.
- Cross-Contamination: Germs from door handles can easily transfer to other surfaces when people touch the handle then touch their face. This cross-contamination can lead to the spread of germs to different areas.
- Vulnerable Individuals: Elderly individuals, young children, and people with compromised immune systems are more susceptible to illnesses. Regularly cleaning door handles can help protect these vulnerable individuals from potential infections.
- Hygienic Image: In commercial settings, maintaining clean and well-maintained door handles contributes to a positive image. It gives visitors and customers the impression that the facility is clean and cares about hygiene.
- Compliance with Regulations: In certain industries, such as healthcare and food service, there are regulations and guidelines in place that require regular cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces, including door handles.
- Reduced Absenteeism: In workplaces and schools, regularly cleaning door handles can help reduce absenteeism due to illness, as fewer people may get sick from exposure to contaminated surfaces.
To effectively clean door handles, use a disinfectant cleaner or wipes specifically designed to kill germs and bacteria. Pay extra attention to door handles in high-traffic areas and shared spaces. Establish a regular cleaning routine and encourage proper hand hygiene to further reduce the risk of germs spreading through door handles.
Click the link to book a cleaning appointment or call 1.800.891.9571.