A smelly fridge can be quite unpleasant, but there are several natural hacks to help eliminate odors and keep your refrigerator smelling fresh:
- Baking Soda:
- How to Use: Place an open box of baking soda in the fridge. Baking soda helps absorb and also neutralize odors. Remember to replace it every 2-3 months.
- Activated Charcoal:
- How to Use: Similar to baking soda, activated charcoal can absorb and also neutralize odors. Place small bowls of activated charcoal in different sections of the refrigerator.
- Citrus Peels:
- How to Use: Place citrus peels (lemon, orange, or grapefruit) in the fridge. Citrus has natural deodorizing properties that can also help combat unpleasant smells.
- Vanilla Extract:
- How to Use: Soak a cotton ball or a small piece of cloth in vanilla extract and place it in the fridge. Vanilla has a pleasant aroma that can also mask odors.
- Coffee Grounds:
- How to Use: Place a bowl of used coffee grounds in the fridge. Coffee grounds can absorb and also neutralize odors effectively.
- White Vinegar:
- How to Use: Wipe down the interior of the fridge with a solution of equal parts water and also white vinegar. Place a bowl of vinegar on a shelf to absorb odors.
- Activated Charcoal Filters:
- How to Use: Purchase or make activated charcoal filters for your fridge. These can be placed near air vents to help filter and also neutralize odors.
- Fresh Baking Soda Packs:
- How to Use: Create small sachets filled with baking soda and also place them on shelves or in drawers. Replace these sachets every month or as needed.
- Lemon Juice:
- How to Use: Mix equal parts lemon juice and also water in a spray bottle. Use this mixture to wipe down the interior surfaces of the fridge for a fresh citrus scent.
- How to Use: Place a piece of chalk in the fridge. Chalk can also help absorb moisture and odors.
- How to Use: Fill a small container with oats and also place it in the fridge. Oats can also absorb unwanted smells.
- Herbs and Spices:
- How to Use: Place a small bowl of dried herbs or spices like cinnamon, cloves, or rosemary in the fridge for a natural and pleasant aroma.
Remember to regularly clean your fridge, discard expired items, and keep foods stored in airtight containers to prevent odors from developing. Using a combination of these natural hacks will help keep your refrigerator smelling fresh and clean.
If you’re interested in booking an appointment feel free to check this link below or call 1-800-891-9571.