Excess pet hair can be a common problem for pet owners, but with the right cleaning strategies, you can keep your home clean and hair-free. Here are some house cleaning tips to help you remove excess pet hair effectively:
- Regular Grooming: One of the most effective ways to reduce pet hair in your home is to groom your pet regularly. Brushing your pet’s coat can help remove loose hair before it has a chance to spread throughout your home.
- Lint Rollers: Keep lint rollers on hand and use them on your clothing and furniture to quickly remove pet hair. They are affordable and convenient for spot cleaning.
- Vacuuming: Invest in a high-quality vacuum cleaner designed to pick up pet hair. Look for models with HEPA filters and specialized pet hair attachments. Vacuum your floors, carpets, and furniture regularly, at least once or twice a week.
- Wash Pet Bedding and Linens: Wash your pet’s bedding, blankets, and other linens frequently. Use a lint roller or vacuum attachment to clean these items before washing.
- Microfiber Cloths: Microfiber cloths are excellent for picking up pet hair from surfaces like countertops and furniture. Dampen the cloth slightly for better results.
- Rubber Gloves: Put on a pair of rubber gloves and run your hands over fabric surfaces. The hair will stick to the gloves and can be easily collected and thrown away.
- Static Electricity: Use static electricity to your advantage by lightly dampening a sponge or cloth and wiping it over surfaces. The moisture helps to capture and remove pet hair.
- Carpet Rakes: Carpet rakes with rubber bristles can be used to loosen and gather pet hair from carpets. Simply rake the carpet in one direction and then collect the hair into a pile for easy removal.
- Air Purifiers: Consider using an air purifier with a HEPA filter to help reduce airborne pet hair and allergens. It can improve air quality in your home.
- Regular Washing of Floors: Mop hard floors with a microfiber mop or a mop designed for pet hair removal. For tile or hardwood floors, consider using a product like a Swiffer Sweeper designed for picking up pet hair.
- Furniture Covers: Protect your furniture with washable, pet-friendly covers. These are easier to clean and can be removed and washed when needed.
- Professional Cleaning: Occasionally, consider hiring professional cleaners for a deep clean of your home, including upholstery and carpets.
- Maintain Your Pet’s Coat: Depending on your pet’s breed, coat length, and shedding patterns, consult with your veterinarian or a professional groomer about the best practices for maintaining your pet’s coat to reduce shedding.
Remember that managing pet hair is an ongoing task, and consistency is key to keeping your home hair-free. Combining these cleaning tips with regular grooming of your pet can make a significant difference in controlling excess pet hair in your house.
Feel free to click the link below to book an appointment or call .800.891.9571.